Monday, June 09, 2008

Back from vacation

Yes ... I went on vacation ... Finally !

I was hoping to start chasing the monsoon right from Thiruvananthapuram where it hits first. But luck has not favored me in long time. Though government of Kerala predicted monsoon to hit Kerala on 20th May (I do not know if they predict by consulting an astrologer or meteorology department), there was no sign of it. Over and above that it was the "Kerala" climate where I think humidity was 150% or something.

It was so sweaty there that you could collect my sweat in buckets.

The experience was not too bad either. It was much needed break from work and the first thing that I made sure, I do, was not to open my laptop to check office emails. I was getting irritated the moment I though about work. Pretty much relaxed at home. Had a lot of beef. Went for couple of movies.

Oh, by the way ! DO NOT go for Indiana Jones - 4.

When I thought that I was going to take a vacation, relax, and get re-charged and get back to work with renewed energy, by Friday, I started to get disturbed sleep and started feeling depressed about our travel back to Hyderabad . This, I am sure, happens to quite a lot of guys. Then you hate yourself for having to work. You want to become invisible. You want to fall sick and take another week off. Sigh ...

Back in office today and my delivery manager walks up to me and says "How was your vacation? Hope you had a good one. Welcome back. Now me and Karthik can take a vacation."

I wish I could meet H.G Wells and figure out how to become invisible.

Is it just a problem with IT industry and the expectations causing this or it is really the work that you do?

0 comments: