Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Evening Out

We went out to the Industrial Exhibition in the evening. In Hyderabad, this is an annual event.

The first impression was - "This is huge".

But as we wandered around the place, I realised, "There is NOTHING for men". I would have appreciated if there were some decent stalls for gadgets, tools, electronics or books. Handloom and handicraft stores were all over the place. Women felt like a kid in a candy shop when they moved towards the accessories (ear-rings, bangles etc..) section.

I also noticed a bunch for burkha clad women walking around in groups hand in hand. Puzzling thing that struck me was, if one of them stray out of the group, how would the others even find that person out?

I am forced to assume that they have a way of finding out by looking at the fingers or by smell of the other.

Continuous walk for two and half hours was no joke. Best things for me were:

1. Seeing my wife so happy to be in that place
2. Pop corn and cotton candy
3. The moon in golden color just after sunset ...

Wish I had my camera with me ...

0 comments: