Sunday, June 28, 2009

Transformers 2 Review: Bloody Long


The plus point of first movie in Transformer series was that it was short, funny and had amazing special effects.

Transformers 2: Revenge of the fallen, was "OK" with the special effects and more autobots and decepticons introduced in this movie. Watching it on IMAX screen was special with some scenes specially designed for IMAX screen.

That's about the good part. For the flip side is that the movie is bloody long. I felt that probably because I was forced to be glued to the chair for whole 2.5 hours without any breaks. Prasadz IMAX screen does not give you any breaks. I had to buy 2 popcorns before I got in.

Megan Fox was hot in the first movie, but it took me few scenes to recognize Megan Fox in Transformers 2. Thanks to her new lip job which I found bad. I think, with all the lip job, she was finding it very difficult to hold her lips sealed!!!

Back to the robots. There are too many Autobots introduced in the movie who have nothing to do except pass on some wacky comments or stunts and then die. This time they have a lady decepticon in human form (reminds me of Terminator) sent to seduce Sam. The movie got a little boring where Sam Whitwicky gets emotional with his parents, Bumblebee and Mikaela.

Micheal Bay tried to pull off larger than life stunts at heritage sites like the Pyramids of Egypt and Petra in Jordan which looked great on IMAX screen. Getting the robots to do stunts in a heritage site was a great idea instead of having everything done in a crowded city which usually is the trend. However, the cameras were kept too close to where the action was, which made the whole thing look shaky and started giving me a headache.

The movie, for me, was too long, over emotional, not so funny and was definitely not as good as the first part. But watching on an IMAX screen probably makes it an "OK to watch" movie.

0 comments: